MAPP no. 113175
Active Ingredients: Asulam 400g/L (as a soluble concentrate formulation).
Asulox for bracken control is now available after being granted an EU Emergency Authorisation for use in the UK.
*conditions of sale, use and return apply.
Asulox has over many years has established itself as the UK’s market leading product for bracken control. The active ingredient asulam targets bracken infestations and is translocated throughout the plant to provide effective control. Herbicidal symptoms following application of Asulox are virtually absent in the year of spraying but in the following season there is little or no bracken re-growth. Completing a programme of follow up sprays with Asulox can greatly extend the bracken free period for land that has been treated.
Asulox can be applied from the 1st of July 2013, once bracken is in full frond but before the onset of senescence. Under the terms of the Emergency Authorisation Asulox Asulox will only be available for sale up until the 17th of September 2013. Manufacture of the product for 2013 has now been completed and we have Asulox stock available for immediate despatch. Please note due to additional transport requirements we have to adhere to, Asulox orders may have a typical lead time of 2-5 days, from the time of placing your order to the goods being received.
IMPORTANT: All Asulox product must be used before the 31st of October 2013, any un-used product must be returned or diposed of BEFORE this date. See our returns policy for Asulox at the bottom of this page.
Bulk discount prices are available for large quantity purchases of Asulox 20L – call our sales team on 01902 440250.
Asulox Herbicide Application Rates:
|Situation||Amount Of Product||Water Volume||Area||Forestry||5-10L||200-300L||1 Hectare|
& Amenity Vegetation
1 part Asulox to 100 parts water for knapsack use and for other handheld equipment.
Asulox Herbicide Application Guidelines:
- Apply Asulox on a dry day
- Knapsack treatment is suitable where bracken is up to waist high. A suitable red dye may be mixed with the spray to help identify treated fronds
- Asulox should be applied to bracken when the bracken is in full frond with all fronds fully expanded but before yellowing at the start of senescence. Normally this will be between July to late August. Senescence in bracken can be identified with the start of the fronds turning darker green, becoming glossy and hard to the touch with subsequent a bronzing
- The appearance of symptoms from Asulox application in the first year of spraying are virtually non existent. We recommend using Precision Blue Spray Dye to identify treated fronds.
- For Asulox to be most effective the fronds of bracken must not be damaged by livestock, frost or by cutting before treatment. Do not treat bracken affected by late frosts
- Do not cut the bracken or admit livestock for at least 14 days after treatment, preferably leave land undisturbed until autumn
- Only ONE application can be made per situation in the year
- Asulox is no longer approved for the treatment of docks, or for application via weedwipers or drift sprayers.
Under the terms of the emergency approval the use, storage and even disposal of Asulox by customers will become illegal after a certain date.
Pitchcare will be able to accept customers returns after the 18th of September 2013.
Pitchcare request that all customers must have contacted us, to complete arrangements for return, by the 1st of October 2013.
Returns are only available to Pitchcare customers – proof of purchase will be required.
No returns can be processed without Pitchcare first issuing the customer with a returns number, please contact us prior to returning goods to obtain a returns number.
Product must be returned in ‘as new condition’.
Pitchcare will not accept opened containers or product not in its original container.
The customer will be responsible for the return transport, and cost of return transport. An ADR registered carrier will be needed.
Pitchcare may collect on the customers behalf and at the customers expense, prices for this service would start at £84 plus vat.
Once returns have been safely received back at the manufacturer and checked off, Pitchcare will be able to process a full refund to the customers card or account.
No refunds are available for carriage charges.
No refunds are available for goods returned in poor condition.
Always read the label before purchase and use. For further information on Asulox Herbicide (20L), speak to a technical sales advisor on 01902 440250.
Use plant protection products safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional pesticide product. You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the DEFRA/HSE Code for the Safe use of Pesticides:
"By law, everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out."
Delivery charge applies at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on all orders before 12 noon - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information. More delivery info
Please note: If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on 01902 440250.
Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product.