Altrincham Football Club are recruiting for a Head Groundsperson who will be responsible for the delivery of pitch maintenance and improvement.
Location: The J.Davidson Stadium, Altrincham Football Club
Reporting To: CEO
Reporting Staff: Volunteer Grounds Staff
Liaison: Operations Manager, Grounds & Maintenance Team, Board of Directors, First Team Management
Working Hours: (Full Time) 25-30 Hours Per Week Plus Attendance at all Home Games
Main Purpose Of The Role
The Head Groundsperson will be responsible for the delivery of pitch maintenance and improvement. Managing a team of volunteer staff to deliver the highest quality playing surfaces and work flexibly due to the first team and Man United commitments. The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Presentation of pitch to the highest standard for matches
- Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preparations.
- Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Establishing and managing budgets for all aspects of work undertaken and ensuring that those budgets are adhered to.
- Liaising with suppliers to order products and services where required.
- Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
- Managing and upskilling staff to ensure that they are capable of carrying out their duties in an efficient manner and to an acceptable standard.
- Presenting and managing an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers.
- Liaising with the First Team Manager on a daily basis to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for matches
- Maintaining and creating relationships with key suppliers.
- Experience in working on professional sports pitches is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Closing date for applications is 28th February 2024, due to the role being available for immediate start we may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.
Altrincham Football Club
The J.Davidson Stadium
28th February 2024