Overall Objective: To help the grounds department maintain its playing surfaces and surrounding areas to an exceptionally high standard.
• Tasks to include but not limited to pedestrian and ride-on mowing, line marking, strimming, divoting and other forms of pitch repair and preparation as well as the surrounding areas.
• Liaising with the head groundsman and the rest of the team on a daily basis.
• To maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry.
• The cleaning and maintenance of machinery, hand tools and our areas.
• Horticultural work if required.
• Optional match days.
• The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
• Work to be carried out over all of the clubs’ sites.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
• A minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
• NVQ level 2 in sports turf working towards level 3.
• PA1,2 and 6 qualifications.
• Experience in professional sports is desirable.
• Good communication skills and a good ability to carry out instructions.
• Attention to detail.
• Professional appearance and outlook at all times.
• The ability to work as part of a team but also on your own with good initiative.
• Strong time management and excellent time keeping.
• Honesty, integrity and reliability.
• Flexible attitude to work.
• Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• Good IT skills.
• Take ownership of the workplace.
• To adhere and communicate the Club’s brand values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises.
• A commitment to continuing professional development
Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting. For example:
• A full clean driving license
• To undertake required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety training.
• To ensure that the Club’s Safe-guarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• To adhere and communicate the Club’s brand values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter stating your current salary to
With the subject : JOB APPLICATION
Alternatively you can post your application to:
John Ledwidge (Groundsmanager)
Leicester City Football Club
King Power Stadium
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to provide equality and fairness for all employees. Leicester City Football Club opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Please refer to our Equality and Diversity Policy for further information.
Dec 6th 2018, 09:00
20th December 2018