Business Administrator Apprentice
Maxwell Amenity is a leading provider of professional turf care and landscape solutions to markets that include sports clubs, national stadiums, lawn care and local authorities. Maxwell Amenity was awarded ‘Apprentice Employer of the year’ and shortlisted to the final 4 companies for ‘Customer Service Excellence’ at the Shropshire Business Awards in 2015. Based in Telford, we are in commutable distance from Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury, Oswestry and surrounding areas.
We are looking for a Business Administrator apprentice who can undertake a wide range of administrative tasks for the key commercial units of Maxwell Amenity e.g. sales, marketing and purchasing.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to as we are still finalising the job description:
- Answering the telephone and taking messages.
- Assisting the sales team with a range of administrative tasks e.g. typing and fling documents, photo copying/scanning/confirming paperwork relating to orders, raising purchase orders.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects for sales, marketing or purchasing dept.
- Undertaking other business administration tasks in commercial and other internal departments to gain greater understanding of the Maxwell Business and enhance personal skills.
- Attending training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Complying with Company Health and Safety and other published policies and procedures.
- GCSE Maths and English A – C or equivalent are essential.
- Organised and confident enough to be able to prioritise, answer the telephone, and communicate clearly with customers/colleagues and so they can follow instructions and complete tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Strong IT skills e.g. Microsoft office packages and other , via email and over the phone.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office, the internet and social media for business purposes able to work within a team, but also have the initiative to work independently when required.
Applicants should have:
- Interest in a career in sales or general commercial activities.
- Ideally a keen interest or background in sports and/or horticulture, due to the nature of Maxwell Amenity’s business.
- Must be able to commute to Allscott and attend work regularly and punctually, with the hours of work being 40 hours a week including 1 hour for lunch, 8.30am to 4.30pm or 9 – 5pm TBC.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please call Nova Training on 01902 366278 and speak to Amanda Carpenter. An early application is encouraged.
Telephone: 01902 366278