Durham County Cricket Club is looking to appoint a full-time, permanent groundsperson to join the existing team.
The successful candidate will be based at Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street as part of the team tasked with maintaining an international quality ground and a new adjoining Nursery Ground.
Working alongside the existing team the main aims of the role are to ensure the playing and practise facilities at the Emirates Riverside are maintained to a high standard.
Skills and experience expected of the ideal candidate will be:
• NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Maintenance or equivalent qualification or 3 years working experience in a similar role.
• Basic knowledge of all types of machinery.
• Previous experience of working in a sporting environment (preferably cricket).
• Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers.
• Enjoy work as a part of a team and also on your own.
• Able to work in a professional, responsible manner.
• Possess good communicational skills.
• Able to work weekends and evenings.
• Prepared to work irregular hours
Salary dependant on experience and qualifications. Start date of 1st March or as soon as possible after that date.
If you would like to apply for the role please send a covering letter explaining your experience and suitability for the role along with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion on the role please contact Vic Demain, Head Groundsman on 07718 564142.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00noon on Wednesday 13th February
Durham County Cricket Club
Dependent On Experience And Qualifications
Jan 31st, 11:15
13th February 2019