Please apply via this link: www.arsenaljobs.com
Department Description - Stadium Management
Responsible for the preperation and running of the Emirates Stadium and wider facilities at other locations for all events and functions. Department remit includes property and facilities management, spectator safety at events, wider Health and Safety matters.
To assist the Head Grounds Person in the day-to-day maintenance and general upkeep of the Emirates Stadium.
• Effective management of all grounds activities to consistently achieve the recognised standards and availability to satisfy both the Club and its end users (e.g. coaches, players etc) requirements
• Management of daily tasks in the absence of the Head Grounds Person
• Assist the Head Grounds Person in the management of the playing surface and pitch surround for the end user. This will include hand and ride on mowers, sprinkler maintenance, aeration, divoting, fertilising, spraying, management of the SGL lighting units, FAVV's and undersoil heating system
• Monitoring and registration of all maintenance schedules
• Good knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations in the area of responsibility
• Communication with Coaching staff with regard to pitch usage
• Manage and check facilities, plant, buildings and equipment to ensure safe working
• Practices and Health and Safety legislation compliance
• Management of all equipment so that it is correctly stored, maintained and serviced
• Conduct basic risk assessments, assist in developing contingency plans and be able to respond to emergencies. Actively promote safe practices
• Assist in the management of additional events such as concerts and additional end of season activities
• Gather and record information to develop trend data and analyse past usage. Make recommendations for improving the best use of resources and playing surfaces
• Wide use of machinery in renovation of grass areas - use of topdressers, tractors, scarification and seeding equipment
• Management and operation of the irrigation system
• Marking out pitches
• Helping out with deliveries, manual handling of bags of sand, sand soil, fertilizer bags, seed bags ranging from 20-25kg
• Cleaning equipment stores and associated washdown areas
• Erecting/dismantling portable goals and ball stop netting on matchdays
• Ad hoc duties as and when required
Match/Event responsibilities and organisation
• Arsenal Home Fixtures, Concerts, Corporate events.
Hours of work
• This role requires individuals to work flexibly. There may be some evening and weekend work required.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
• To be qualified to NVQ level 3 or above in green-keeping and groundsmanship or equivalent. In the absence of qualifications at least 5 years' experience would be necessary in the grounds keeping industry
• Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 would also be an advantage
• Be experienced in being able to use a wide range of turf care equipment i.e. cylinder mowers, scarification equipment plus a wide range of renovation equipment
• Previous experience in maintaining playing surfaces within a stadium environment.
• Experienced in the day-to-day management of staff
• Competent IT Skills
• Experience in the management of SGL Lighting systems
• Competent management and maintenance of irrigation systems
• To be able to work not only as part of a team, but also to show the capabilities to work using your own initiative, with the ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation especially when using equipment
• Mechanical knowledge would also be an advantage i.e. dealing with mower breakdowns and routine maintenance on equipment
• Experience of managing teams of operatives, planning and organising workloads, allocating duties, monitoring performance and Health and Safety Issues
• Have a good mechanical knowledge of equipment and be able to assist when necessary in jobs in and around the workshop that require being undertaken, jobs include helping change blades and routine maintenance of equipment.
• Ability to innovate and think pro-actively with regard to turf management
• Be able to have a flexible attitude in carrying out other duties in relation to the general upkeep of the Emirates playing surface
Working to a high standard in looking after sports turf and amenity landscapes.
• Be physically fit enough to deal with the manual and physical demands of the job such as the manual handling of deliveries such as bags of material of various weights
• Ability to use a wide range of turf care equipment i.e. cylinder mowers, triple mowers, scarification equipment plus a wide range of renovation equipment
• Have a meticulous approach to work when attention to detail is essential along with good communication skills when dealing with members of staff along with coaching staff.
• Enjoy working to a high standard and have a flexible attitude, especially in terms of the unsocial hours that might be necessary.
• A passion or empathy with sport/sports entertainment
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Please note, you have until 11:59pm on Friday 15th February 2019 to apply for this vacancy.
Arsenal Football Club
Emirates Stadium, London
Feb 6th, 10:50
15th February 2019