Mill Hill School are currently looking for a Groundsman to join there established team. You would be part of a team of Groundsman and gardeners across the school foundation.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and have experience of preparing and maintaining sports surfaces, with the capability of working individually or as part of a team.
Monday to Friday with some weekends as required, 40 hours per week 7.30am-4.30pm with one hour unpaid for lunch, which is provided.
Salary up to £24,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications.
• Preparation of cricket wickets, Rugby Pitches and Football pitches and aid with annual renovations to rugby pitches, cricket squares and playing surfaces
• Work as part of an established team and with the capabilities to carry out additional tasks within the school
• Apply fertilisers and fungicides
• Marking out and setting up of playing surfaces
• Working with various different types of equipment and machinery
• Undertaking general maintenance of equipment as directed
• Maintaining the awareness of the Health and Safety Regulations in your areas of
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the School grounds and related areas
• Maintain synthetic astro-turf pitches.
• Drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations
• Ensure vehicles and equipment used by self and others within the team are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users
• Maintain good communications with customers and end users
• Carry out other work and maybe required to work evening and weekends as required by the needs of the school.
• Application of salt, gritting and snow clearing
• National/Scottish Vocational Qualification Level 2 Sports Turf Maintenance or IOG National Technical Certificate or BTEC First Diploma/First Certificate in Horticulture or City & Guilds National Certificate in Horticulture
• PA1, PA6 and PA2 qualified
• Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation
• Good working knowledge of sports and turf machinery
• A valid clean driving licence
• Good communication skills
• Flexible approach to working to adapt to the needs of the school.
Mill Hill School and its staff are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children. The School is registered with the DBS and successful applicants will be required to complete successfully the Disclosure procedure at the Enhanced level. It is an offence for person barred from working with children to apply for this post.
MILL HILL SCHOOL
£24,000 Per Annum
Apr 4th, 13:07
18th April 2019