Neighbourhood Services – Groundsperson
Monday to Friday – 37 hours per week
Grade D / E - £21,501 - £23,933
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Sportsgrounds team during a time when we are looking to develop both our summer and winter sports programmes to improve the quality of our pitches all year round.
We need a committed, flexible person to assist in maintaining our sportsgrounds throughout the town. Delivering front-line services across the borough and ensuring high quality turf maintenance of our sportsgrounds in the most efficient and customer focused way.
Working in a pair, you will be responsible for general maintenance of the parks and maintaining 3 Cricket Squares and 1 Bowling Green and 13 Winter Pitches for Football and Rugby, across 5 sites, also to support other teams with duties associated within Neighbourhood Services.
You should have;
• Achieved or working towards the NVQ Level 2 in fine turf management.
• Considerable fine turf maintenance knowledge, including knowledge of the customer requirements for a wide range of outdoor sports, such as cricket, bowls, and winter sports pitches.
• Experience of use of related tools and machinery.
• Experience of working in small teams to deliver high quality maintenance work
• Good knowledge of workplace Health and Safety
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and able to plan your own work if necessary
You will be expected to help deliver improvements to the service using innovative and creative solutions where a flexible approach is essential.
The hours of work will be 37 hours per week, to be worked Monday to Friday. Working hours will be agreed with your Patch Leader, however you will be starting no earlier than 6:00am and finishing no later than 3:00pm. Some extra hours may be required during the week, weekends and over Bank Holidays. Applicants will need to be able to deal with the physical requirements of the role and must hold a current, valid and clean driving licence which would allow you to drive in the U.K.
In return, we offer excellent working conditions, as well as an attractive pension scheme.
Closing date: 22nd April 2019
Proposed interview date: 29th April 2019
Please quote reference: CP632
How to Apply:
For full details and to apply on-line, please click here.
Please note CVs are not accepted without an application form. Applications without the correct postage will not be accepted by the Council.
Crawley Borough Council
£21,501 - £23,933
Apr 8th, 09:00
22nd April 2019