Job Title: Groundsperson (Skilled)
Reporting to: Head Groundsperson
Location: The Hummel Training Centre and Ibrox Stadium
Employment Status: Permanent, Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Glasgow Rangers Football Club as a Groundsperson.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Deputy Head Groundsperson to provide and maintain high standards of groundsmanship at Ibrox Stadium and the Hummel Training Centre as deemed by the company and in line with requirements of top level professional football. You will maintain the playing surfaces and training facilities to the required standard for the purpose of professional football and all other events as directed.
• Assist in the provision and development of all grounds services within the training ground and stadium environment and maintain company and professional standards.
• Assist the Head Groundsperson and Deputy Head Groundsperson to meet all key performance indicators within your personal objectives.
• Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and requirements within the company and your role.
• Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on a range of sports facilities and surfaces as detailed on work schedules and undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces.
• Set up all sports pitches or amenity surfaces and undertake supervised construction and landscaping work as directed.
• Drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations and ensure vehicles and equipment used by self and work group are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements.
• Monitor the use of consumable items and spares and make arrangements for their replenishment.
• Ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides and other similar substances, promote the Health and Safety of self and others and respond to emergencies.
• Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues, and end users.
• Make recommendations to supervisor regarding improved work systems, labour and machinery utilization.
The successful candidate will ideally have completed an apprenticeship within Grounds/Greenkeeping and have gained the relevant skills and experience required for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate proven success and experience working within a similar role.
• Possess a good working knowledge of Pitch Maintenance Machinery and Groundsmanship techniques.
• Good time management skills, attention to detail, with a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Ability to work well as part of a team and as an individual.
• Commitment, excellent communications skills and enthusiasm are also a must.
Working hours are 37.5 per week, working 5 days out of 7 on a rota. The successful candidate should have a flexible approach to working hours.
Equality & Inclusion:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
You must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
If you can add value to our team, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can send your CV and covering letter to:
150 Edmiston Drive
The closing date for all applications will be 9am on Monday 17th June 2019.
The Hummel Training Centre And Ibrox Stadium
Jun 4th, 16:30
17th June 2019