An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen to join the Groundstaff at MCC. Whether you have groundsmanship experience or not this is an ideal chance to learn and improve the necessary skills relating to use of technical equipment and general groundmanship through on the job learning.
This fixed-term position (immediate start – 30th September 2019) will assist in the preparation and maintenance of all playing and practise areas under the direction of Head Groundsman and support the Groundstaff Department. Providing a helpful and professional service to players, managers and other users of the ground is essential.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
• Assist with maintenance and preparation of all playing and practise areas to a level befitting a first class Cricket Club and the Home of Cricket.
• Repairing foot holes.
• Cutting outfield.
• Haulage of covers on and off.
• Watering outfield and pitches.
• Rolling of playing and practice pitches.
• Operate equipment as requested by Head Groundsman, i.e. rollers, Tractors, Gators, Mowers and other vehicles, tools and various equipment.
• Assist where necessary with the upkeep and maintenance of various tools and machinery and equipment.
• Learn and improve necessary skills relating to use of technical equipment and general groundmanship through on the job learning and external courses.
• Assisting with any other requested activities in and around the ground with the agreement of the Head Groundsman.
• Uphold a clean and safe environment at all times.
• Provide a helpful and professional service to players, managers and other users of the ground.
Marylebone Cricket Club
Jun 28th, 16:51
12th July 2019