Based at: Carlisle Racecourse
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, any 5 days from 7 with race day cover
A vacancy has arisen for an organised and proactive team player to join Carlisle Racecourse as a Grounds Person. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the racing surface and racing infrastructure. To be successful in this role a basic knowledge of turf husbandry and groundsmanship would be desirable, but a willingness to learn the required skills is more important.
The successful candidate will;
• assist with the maintenance and preparation of racing surfaces
• work with a variety of machinery
• Possess strong communication skills and be able to work well as part of a team
• Be responsible for assisting with all aspects of gardening and maintenance of areas such as; the parade ring, garden areas and adjoining areas
• hold a valid driving licence
Spraying certificates (PA1, PA2a and PA6), a sports turf/horticulture/IOG qualification would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
Due to the nature of this role, there will be a requirement to be available at weekends and evenings as and when required.
The closing date for applications is 13th September 2019. We reserve the right to bring this date forward if we receive a large volume of applications.
Click here to apply
Aug 30th, 15:15
13th September 2019