The Grounds Person will play a contributing role in the success of The Manchester Grammar School by providing sports surfaces of the highest quality and by preserving and enhancing the visual amenity of the whole school site.
Due to the demanding and varied work tasks of this role, we require an experienced Grounds Person who has a background in the following activities:
• The preparation and maintenance of all sports (Football, Rugby, Hockey, Cricket,Tennis and Athletics) over a combination of surfaces to include Natural Turf, Fine Turf, Water Based Hockey, Cricket Astro Turf and Sports Tarmac to the highest possible standards.
• The use of Tractor mounted boom sprayer.
• The use of tractor mounted equipment for aeration, mowing and trailer work.
• The use of pedestrian and ride on cylinder, rotary mowers.
• The use of hand held strimmers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers.
• Initial and over mark line marking.
• Total and Selective Weed killing around the school site.
• Application of Granular and liquid Fertilisers and Chemicals.
• To carry out gritting, salt spreading and snow clearing around the school site.
• Adherence to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and to ensure Safe Systems of Work.
• To undertake any other duties which are reasonably required with the general level of responsibility for this role.
This list is not exhaustive and should not act to constrain the job holder from working in a wider brief if necessary, in order to achieve the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
For further information, download the full pack here
Or, download the application form here
The Manchester Grammar School
Oct 25th, 13:15
11th November 2019