Hazelwood is a wonderful 63 acre sporting complex that was created from a nine hole golf course that previously occupied the site. Constructed by MJ Abbott in 2014 at a cost of £10 million, it provides state-of-the-art facilities and is the training base of the London Irish Professional and Amateur Clubs. It has hosted Rugby World Cup 2015 teams Wales, Fiji, Argentina and the All Blacks as well as various NFL teams each year.
After initially having a maintenance contractor looking after the grounds, we are now bringing this operation in house and require a highly motivated individual to maintain and develop the quality of the facilities, which includes a 5 year development plan for the complex.
The applicant should have proven grounds experience along with recognised NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification. You will require the ability and confidence to deal with colleagues, users and suppliers at every level.
The position requires a degree of flexibility with variable working hours. The role will involve occasional weekend work and based on a 40-hour working week.
To be considered for the role the applicant should have the following:
• NVQ Level 3 in sport turf or equivalent
• PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates
• Relevant IT Skills
• Good experience overseeing pitch renovations during the off season
• Experience with 3G surfaces
• Good working knowledge of fine turf machinery
• Setting and managing maintenance budgets
• Knowledgeable Health and safety experience
• Irrigation experience including repair and maintenance would be desirable
Remuneration will be based on skill level and experience. There is no accommodation linked to the role.
To apply, please forward your covering letter and C.V. to Sonia Bosher at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 2nd December 2019
Nov 5th 2019, 08:45
25th November 2019