Trinity School is seeking to recruit an experienced Groundsman who will support the Head and Deputy Head Groundsman in the smooth running and maintenance of the school sites and aspire to achieve the best possible standards of both grass and artificial surfaces. The main school site is at Shirley Park, but there are additional sports facilities at Sandilands approximately half a mile to the west, at which the Groundsman may be expected to work from time to time.
Tasks and Duties:
• Preparation and maintenance of all sporting surfaces and surrounds
• Site presentation and cleanliness to include hedging, shrub beds, paths, and roadways
• Safe operation of all site machinery and basic servicing
• Adhere to Health & Safety requirements and report any issues
• Maintain records
• Spraying and storage of chemicals (PA1, PA6)
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users
• Some other duties as required from time to time within the school site
• Weekend overtime on a rota system and other ad hoc duties
It is likely that the successful candidate will have some or all of the following:
• Completed IoG Training Level 1 & 2
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience
• Awareness of relevant Health and Safety legislation
• Formal training in manual handling
• A valid driving licence
• Willingness to learn new skills and pass on knowledge
• Willingness and adaptability in tackling the variety of tasks arising in a school environment
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Approachable personality
• Comfortable working with children and adults
• Enjoy working outdoors
• Takes pride in work, with an eye to accuracy and detail
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
Start date: 2nd March 2020
Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday with an hour’s unpaid break.
Holidays: 25 days per annum in addition to the normal Bank Holidays.
How to Apply:
For more information and to apply click here
Interviews are likely to be held on Monday 9th December 2019. Trinity School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the published closing date.
Trinity School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be required to comply with all safeguarding procedures including an Enhanced DBS check.
Shirley Park, Croydon
£26,500-£28,000 Per Annum
Nov 4th 2019, 16:15
27th November 2019