DEPARTMENT: Grounds Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Senior Head Groundsman
LOCATION: Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre (Enfield)
DEADLINE: 6pm Tuesday 26 November 2019
Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium.
The Club operates across multiple sites, including a world-class Training Centre, where the position of Assistant Grounds Staff is based. The Centre is the main location for the Club’s First Team training and coaching activities, and its impeccable presentation is one of the many features that have led to it being recognised as one of the best training facilities in Europe.
The successful candidate will work within a team of 16 grounds staff, helping to ensure the grounds meet the highest possible standard. They will be hard working, enthusiastic and have a strong focus on quality. The position requires flexible candidates that are willing to work some unsociable hours (to include weekends and bank holidays, within a rota system). The successful candidate will also need to complete a DBS check.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day maintenance of the pitches and surrounding landscape of Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre, showing both proactiveness and teamwork.
• Ensure that the pitches meet the exceptional quality standards required by Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
• Use pedestrian and ride on mowers on football pitches and lawns
• Assist in the renovation of pitches and grass areas
• Mark out pitches
• Clean equipment and wash down areas
• Ad hoc duties as and when required
• Monitor pitches on a daily basis, record all appropriate information and act promptly to resolve issues
• Take reasonable care concerning own health and safety and that of persons who may be affected by the performance of these duties
• Ensure equipment and materials are available when required
• Keep all equipment and materials in good condition
• Keep abreast of all relevant industry developments
• Thinks ahead, generates ideas and thinks of creative solutions to problems
• Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
• Gets things done, delivers to high standards, takes responsibility
• Proactive, energetic and self-sufficient
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• NVQ Level 2 or above in Groundsmanship or equivalent
• Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 desirable but not essential
• Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment
• Full driving licence
To apply please consult our careers page here.
Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre (Enfield)
Nov 5th 2019, 10:30
26th November 2019