Responsible to: Head Groundsman
Salary: 17k + A flexible approach to Overtime
Purpose of role:
To assist the Head Groundsman and Site Supervisors in the provision of sports pitches. Keeping them in a first class condition, making them usable whenever reasonably possible. This is an excellent opportunity for a full-time Groundsperson to join a great team at Bolton Wanderers.
• Be an ambassador of BWFC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout each interaction
• Organise your daily workload to include routine and one off tasks.
• Undertake a wide range of sports turf culture activities and other general horticultural tasks, using specialist machinery were appropriate.
• Assist the site supervisor when necessary and as directed. This will include pitch marking, grass cutting and fertilisation together with any other duties that may be requested.
• Have the ability to prepare and present all sports turf areas to a very high standard ensuring a professional image is portrayed at all times.
• Report ALL defects to grounds, machinery or buildings to the site supervisor.
• Good communication skills.
• To maintain a good working relationship with Head Groundsman and all other work colleagues
• Daily operational maintenance checks are to be carried out on all machinery.
• Constantly seek to improve the aesthetic value of all sites
• Treat all colleagues as customers ensuring respectful positive outcomes across all communications.
• Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of BWFC
• Adhere to and abide by all BWFC policies, procedures and guidelines especially remembering responsibilities to others under
- equal opportunities and dignity at work policies
- Health & Safety policy
• Ad hoc duties as and when required.
• Working between all Club site locations you will have a flexible approach to working hours and tasks. This position will involve working weekend.
COMPETENCIES (read in conjunction with BWFC Competency guide):
• Customer focus
• Effective communication
• Team working
• Personal effectiveness
Technical Competencies [specific to role]
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, and must be smart and presentable at all times.
• Excellent time keeping, honesty and reliability
• Self-starter with good organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
Qualifications & essential knowledge:
• Possess a relevant sports turf qualification NVQ Level 2 minimum, NVQ Level 3 Desirable.
• Have a good working knowledge of the sports turf industry.
If you feel you have the experience we are looking for please apply by sending your CV with Salary expectations to Chris Simm - Csimm@bwfc.co.uk
Closing Date 24th January 2020
Bolton Wanderers Football Club
17k + A Flexible Approach To Overtime
Jan 9th, 15:00
24th January 2020