Set on the outskirts of Yeovil Town, Yeovil Golf Club is a 27 hole parkland facility. With 18 holes set in Dorset and 9 holes in Somerset. We set to meet and exceed the expectations of our members and visitors.
Yeovil Golf Club are currently seeking a highly motivated and progressive individual to join our team in the position of Mechanic/Greenkeeper.
The successful candidate will be someone with high standards of work and a keen eye for detail, knowledgeable in modern greenkeeping practices, a team player with excellent communication skills, and passionate about their chosen career..
The successful candidate will play a key role within the management structure of Yeovil Golf Club.
Applicants will ideally possess the following Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Excellent communicator and strong team player.
• Passionate, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual able to work on your own initiative.
• Experience of maintaining and servicing machinery and equipment to the approved standards of use; adhering to Health & Safety regulations and guidelines.
• Proficient knowledge and qualifications of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems to repair and maintain golf course equipment.
• Experience of cylinder/bedknife grinding (Bernhards grinders)
• IT literate.
• Record keeping of stock levels, service intervals, and repairs. (Turfkeeper)
• Proficiency in the usage and maintenance of modern golf course equipment
• Assist with on course greenkeeping duties competently, efficiently and to a high standard.
• Can work in a team environment or as an individual
• A keen eye for detail and presentation
• A progressive approach to greenkeeping practices
• Driving licence
• A good understanding of the game of golf
Greenkeepers with an interest/experience in mechanics may be considered as training can be provided for the right candidate.
• Uniform supplied
• Golf membership
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualification
• 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
• BIGGA membership
Closing date for applications is 14th February 2020
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter by email or post to:
Yeovil Golf Club
Yeovil Golf Club
Jan 29th, 14:00
14th February 2020