Contract: Fixed Term – March 2020 to Mid October 2020
Lord’s Ground is the most famous cricket ground in the world. It is run by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) for its 18,000 Full and 5,000 Associate Members and is renowned worldwide for staging international cricket matches with up to 30,000 spectators in attendance. It is also the home of Middlesex County Cricket Club (MCCC) and hosts many other important and traditional matches across the summer months.
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen to join the Groundstaff Department. Whether you have groundsmanship experience or not this is an ideal chance to learn and improve the necessary skills relating to use of technical equipment and general groundmanship through on the job learning.
This fixed-term position will assist in the preparation and maintenance of all playing and practise areas under the direction of Head Groundsman and support the Groundstaff Department. Providing a helpful and professional service to players, managers and other users of the ground is essential.
Required skills and experience:
• Cricket groundsmanship experience is desirable but not essential.
• Experience in maintaining machinery would be beneficial.
• Flexible in working hours and prepared to work weekends and Bank Holidays on occasions.
• Committed and enthusiastic approach to work.
• Prepared to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to work effectively and proactively as part of a team.
• Must show interest in personal improvement and technical development.
• Politeness, enthusiasm and customer service awareness.
Values and Behaviours:
In line with the Club’s culture, you will:
• Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
• Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
• Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
• Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
• Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
• Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Skills and ability testing will form part of the selection process
Please email your CV and a covering letter, stating salary expectations, for the attention of Jemma O’Leary, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 14th February 2020 at 16:00hrs
Marylebone Cricket Club
Salary Dependent On Skills And Experience
Feb 7th, 08:00
14th February 2020