Location: Wembley, London, England
Industry: Leisure and Sport
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Work proactively with the Head Groundsman and other members of the Grounds team to maintain and prepare the Wembley pitch to the highest standard for all events hosted by the stadium.
• Maintain and prepare the pitch to relevant universal playing standards for all codes of sport hosted by Wembley as agreed by bodies such as FA, UEFA, IRB, NFL and FIFA
• Maintain surface to agreed standards by adhering to pre-defined maintenance programmes
• Maintain all pitch equipment in line with manufacturers' standards to ensure optimum operation at all times
• In conjunction with the events team, work with event owners to manage all pitch related logistics (line marking, deployment of pitch protection, scheduling of rehearsals, etc)
• Work with Pitch Contractors to reinstate pitch as dictated by the event calendar
• Deploy lighting rigs and fertiliser programme as requested by Head Groundsperson/Assistant Head Groundsperson
• Operate all WNSL grounds machinery to maintain the pitch to the highest standard
• Operate data collection programmes such as SGL assist and all other data collection programmes
• Assist with matchday staff management
What we are looking for
• Member of Institute of Groundsmen with relevant qualification in sports turf management
• Demonstrated experience working on sports pitches
• Demonstrate an understanding of working in the events industry which can involve unsocial hours and weekend working
• Excellent knowledge of pitch maintenance equipment (cylinder mowers, under soil heating sub air system, etc)
• Display an understanding of different turf and synthetic surface including soil types and drainage
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Relevant technical qualification e.g. Iog level 2/3 / city & guilds
• General Football and sports knowledge
• Relevant Health & Safety qualification preferred
• Hold NPTC accreditation PA1, PA2 and PA6
What we can offer you
• An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
• Bespoke learning and development opportunities to further your growth in the grounds industry.
• Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Click here to apply
The Football Association
Feb 10th, 09:45
28th February 2020