Leicester City have an exciting opportunity to join their award winning Sports Turf and Grounds team as the department begins building a staffing structure to support the operation of its new World Class training facility.
This role will offer the candidate the opportunity to support the Gardens and Landscapes Manager and assist with leading a team across all associated Landscapes ensuring that the highest standards are adhered to, protocols are followed and the team is led by example as we push to ensure this world class facility meets the needs of all players and staff.
To assist the Gardens and Landscape Manager in managing staff and implementing an effective work programme to present the landscaped areas to an exceptionally high standard across LCFC’s sites, whilst ensuring the clubs values and expectations are met.
Key tasks include but not limited to:
• Tasks to include but not limited to mowing, hedge trimming, weeding, planting, watering and maintenance of the clubs off pitch areas, borders and planted areas.
• To work with the Gardens and Landscape Manager to effectively plan for the management of all landscape areas under the gardening teams’ remit.
• To assist in the supervision of the gardening team.
• To support members of the gardening team to ensure key work objectives are met.
• To lead by example when approaching day to day works and maintaining a high standard of presentation and housekeeping.
• To take the lead in the Gardens and Landscape Managers absence.
A detailed job description can be found here
Closing Date: 28th February 2020
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with the subject 1st Assistant Gardens and landscapes Manager to: SportsTurf@lcfc.co.uk (please include your current salary and notice period)
Leicester City Football Club
Feb 14th, 12:00
28th February 2020