Leicester City have an exciting opportunity to join their award winning Sports Turf and Grounds team as a skilled Grounds team member based predominantly at their Belvoir Drive training facility.
Working under the guidance of the Pitch Manager the ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on team ethics and high standards.
• Tasks to include but not limited to pedestrian and ride-on mowing, line marking, divoting and all aspects of pitch repair and preparation as well as the surrounding areas.
• Liaising with the Pitch manager and the rest of the team on a daily basis.
• To maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry.
• The cleaning and maintenance of machinery, hand tools and our areas.
• Horticultural work if required.
• Match days at both the training ground and stadium when required.
• The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
• Work to be carried out over all of the clubs’ sites.
Essential skills and experience required:
• A minimum of two years in a similar role.
• NVQ level 2 in sports turf and or aspiring to work towards level 3.
• Experience in professional sports is desirable.
• Good communication skills and a good ability to carry out instructions.
• Attention to detail.
• Professional appearance and outlook at all times.
• The ability to work as part of a team but also on your own with good initiative.
• Strong time management and excellent time keeping.
• Honesty, integrity and reliability.
• Flexible attitude to work.
• Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• Good IT skills.
• Take ownership of the workplace.
• To adhere and communicate the Club’s brand values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises.
• A commitment to continuing professional development
A detailed job description can be found here
Closing Date: 28th February 2020
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with the subject Job Vacancy to SportsTurf@lcfc.co.uk (please include your current salary and notice period)
Leicester City Football Club
Friday February 14, 12:00
28th February 2020