Leicester City have an exciting opportunity to join their award winning Sports Turf and Grounds team as the department begins building a staffing structure to support the operation of its new World Class training facility.
This role will offer the candidate the opportunity to support the Golf Course Manager and lead a small team on the clubs 9 hole golf course ensuring that the highest standards are adhered to, protocols are followed and the team is led by example as we push to ensure this world class facility meets the needs of all players and staff.
Overall Objective: To assist the Golf Course manager for the re-instatement and upkeep of the 9 Hole golf course situated on the clubs new multi million pound training facility and its surrounding areas to the highest possible standards. This will include the production and implementation of a working maintenance program which consists of mowing regimes, fertilizer applications, the use of bio stimulants and growth regulators.
Key tasks include but not limited to:
• Tasks to include but not limited to the use of mowing machinery on all grass areas on the golf course and its surrounding landscapes.
• Responsible for assisting upkeep and implementation of a maintenance plan to include aeration, scarification, fertilizers, bio stimulants, growth regulators and mowing regimes.
• To work to the highest of standards when approaching day to day works and maintaining a high standard of housekeeping.
• Strong understanding of all aspects of the golf course maintenance including health and safety.
• To work alongside the Golf Course Manager and have input into weekly team meetings.
• Lead the team during absence of the Golf Course and ensure standards are maintained.
A detailed job description can be found here
A Cover letter, CV and Salary expectation should be sent to: SportsTurf@lcfc.co.uk
Subject: 1st assistant Golf Course Manager
Closing Date: 28th February 2020
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to provide equality and fairness for all employees. Leicester City Football Club opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Please refer to our Equality and Diversity Policy for further information.
Leicester City Football Club
Friday February 14, 12:00
28th February 2020