Industry: Leisure and Sport
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
The FA is seeking to appoint a permanent appointment to the Grounds team based at St George's Park. They will work proactively with the Head of Grounds & Estates and other members of the Grounds team to maintain and prepare all pitches to the highest standard for all events hosted on the group pitches. As well as working with the events teams and events owners to manage all pitch related logistics.
What we are looking for:
Successful candidates will ideally;
• Have previous experience working in a professional grounds role
• Demonstrate an interest in working outdoors
• Possess relevant technical qualification e.g. City & Guilds, COSHH and Health & Safety qualifications
• Have general football knowledge
• Have an awareness of Health & Safety including manual handling
• Hold a NPTC accreditation in PA1, PA2 and PA6
• Proficient in the use of grounds care equipment including pedestrian and ride on mowers, line marking equipment, fertiliser spreaders, tractor mounted implements and hand tools associated with the maintenance of pitches and the wider estate
What we can offer you:
• An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
• Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Click here to apply
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association
Feb 26th, 02:00
11th March 2020