The Blackheath Cricket, Football and Lawn Tennis Company was founded in 1886 to operate the Rectory Field sports ground in the London Borough of Greenwich. In 1937 two squash courts were built to add a fourth sport at the site. Over the years the ground has hosted international, county and club rugby matches, county, representative and club cricket, representative, club and cup tennis and squash. The history of the company, the individual sports clubs and the ground is rich and expansive.
The Rectory Field is still home to Blackheath Cricket Club (Kent Premier League), Blackheath Rugby Colts Section (Kent League), Blackheath Tennis Club (Kent League and club competitions) and Blackheath Squash Club (North Kent League and club competitions).
Combined, the clubs currently have more than 550 adult and 675 junior active playing members. The facility comprises of: The cricket square and 4 artificial nets; 2 floodlit Rugby pitches; 4 acrylic, 4 artificial clay and 3 grass Tennis courts; and 2 Squash courts.
Blackheath CFLT is looking to recruit a Ground-manager with the experience, drive and commitment to oversee, prepare and maintain the grounds at the Rectory Field. The post will report to the Board via the Ground Director.
• To produce Cricket, Rugby and Lawn tennis playing surfaces to a standard commensurate with, and beyond the level of play and competition standard.
• To prepare the season programme [ground and pitch schedules] and enable proper budget provision to be made in advance.
• To advise the Board on strategic enhancements for ground improvement and development
• To establish and maintain neat surrounds, banks, gardens, and trees to a standard complementary to the playing surfaces. To keep the driveway, paths, grounds surrounds, main stand, tidy, in good order and well maintained.
• To ensure all machinery and equipment is kept in good order and properly maintained
• To ensure that the “ground house” is suitably well maintained. Liaise with Chair of the Board to arrange schedules and planned works to the property.
• To provide general maintenance services, where relevant skill sets are applicable, for the pavilion, changing room block, squash building and all outbuildings,
• To deal with people who come to the Club outside of the Pavilion opening times, including accepting deliveries, brewery deliveries, monitoring security on site, and ensuring good relationships with the local community.
• Implement all H&S laws, regulations, standards and requirements
• Generally, support and participate in club and company initiatives
This is not an extensive or definitive list of all possible responsibilities – these will evolve according to business needs and at the direction of the Board.
• Positive, proactive team player
• At least three years’ experience as a grounds-person, including cricket and grass court playing surfaces
• Ground qualifications [on the job and/or academic]
• Awareness of relevant health and safety legislation and practices
• Flexible working practices, including seasonal patterns, weekends and hours
• Basic mechanical and machine maintenance
• General property maintenance and repairs
• An interest in sport; preferably cricket, rugby, tennis and squash
• Full UK clean driving licence
• PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates
• Interested in personal improvement
Hours of work
(For the purpose of calculating pay) The hours are 37.5 hours a week; worked between Monday and Saturday [occasional Sundays]. With seasonal patterns of work more hours of work will be required in the summer than the winter.
• Cash Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
• Accommodation: Detached, 2 Storey, 3-Bedroom House, with a small secluded garden, located in a private position on the edge of the site.
• Living Costs: Utilities and general maintenance
How to apply
Please send a CV/Resume and a brief covering letter to Jon Taylor: email@example.com
2nd October 2020
Blackheath Cricket, Football And Lawn Tennis Company
Sep 7th, 12:40
2nd October 2020