Industry: Leisure and Sport
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
The FA is seeking to appoint a permanent Groundsperson to the Grounds team based at St George's Park. They will work proactively with the Assistant Head of Grounds and other members of the Grounds team to maintain and prepare all pitches to the highest standard for all events hosted on the group pitches. As well as working with the events teams and events owners to manage all pitch related logistics.
• Maintain and prepare the pitch to relevant universal playing standards for all codes of sport hosted by St. George's Park and Wembley Stadium as agreed by bodies such as The FA, UEFA, IRB, NFL and FIFA
• Maintain training pitches to professional standard in accordance with Sports turf industry guidelines
• Maintain surfaces to agreed standards by adhering to predefined maintenance programs developed in conjunction with appointed industry consultants
• Maintain all pitch equipment in line with manufactures standards to ensure optimum operation at all times
• In conjunction with the events team work with event owners to manage all pitch related logistics (line marking, deployment of pitch protection, scheduling of rehearsals, etc)
• Work with Pitch Contractors to reinstate pitch as dictated by the event calendar
• Operate all WNSL / SGP grounds machinery to maintain the pitch to the highest standard
• Support with the overall estates management and maintenance where required
• Executes additional tasks as required in line with FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for
• Good knowledge on use of machinery
• General knowledge of fertilisers
• General knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Previous experience of working on professional grass sports surfaces
• Set height of cut on mowers and set cut accordingly
• Pre start checks on all machinery
• Competent in the use of ride on machinery, including tractors
• Attaching implements and machines to tractors including 3 point linkage and PTO
• Basic knowledge of irrigation
• Knowledge of and working on different types of pitch construction. Such as hybrid, reinforced, natural, artificial
• Knowledge of pitch grow lights
• Identification of turf diseases
• Working on football pitches at an elite level
• Working within a team
• Use of renovation machinery
• Use of tractor mounted sprayers
• Regrinding of mower units
What we can offer you
• An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
• Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Click here to apply
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association
Sep 8th, 11:00
1st October 2020