Leicester City have an exciting opportunity to join their award-winning sports turf and grounds team as a Skilled Sports Turf & Grounds Operative, based predominantly at King Power Stadium.
About the role
Working under the guidance of the Pitch Manager, the ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on team ethics and high standards.
• Tasks include, but not limited to, pedestrian and ride-on mowing, line marking, divoting and all aspects of pitch repair and preparation as well as the surrounding areas
• Liaising with the Pitch Manager and the rest of the team on a daily basis
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the industry
• The cleaning and maintenance of machinery, hand tools and our areas
• Horticultural work if required
• Matchdays at both the training ground and stadium when required
• The employee must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the Club's values, policies and procedures, in particular health and safety, equality and diversity, confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act
• Work to be carried out over all of the Club's sites
Essential skills and experience required:
• A minimum of two years in a similar role
• NVQ level 2 in sports turf and or aspiring to work towards level 3
• Experience in professional sports is desirable
• Good communication skills and a good ability to carry out instructions
• Attention to detail
• Professional appearance and outlook at all times
• The ability to work as part of a team but also on your own with good initiative
• Strong time management and excellent time keeping
• Honesty, integrity and reliability
• Flexible attitude to work
• Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure
• Good IT skills
• Take ownership of the workplace
• To adhere and communicate the Club’s brand values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises
• A commitment to continuing professional development
About the Club
Knowing some of the history of Leicester City Football Club helps you appreciate the sense of community, spirit, and family for which the Foxes are renowned.
Formed in 1884, the Club has been in the Premier League since 2014 when the Foxes returned to the top tier as Championship title-winners.
In 2016, Leicester City became Premier League champions. This remarkable achievement secured qualification for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the Club’s history, and they subsequently reached the quarter-finals.
Under the stewardship of King Power and the Club’s CEO Susan Whelan, Leicester City Football Club is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world class, including the experience on matchdays.
Investment in the Club continues, with the opening of a new 180-acre training ground in north Leicester.
Ultimately, the Club’s vision is as exciting as it is simple: we believe that together, it’s possible.
We value and respect individual difference and recognise that the diversity of our staff contributes to our success off the pitch.
Our inclusive culture and approach is supported by our Stonewall Diversity Champions partnership, our Time to Change pledge and our status as a Disability Confident Employer.
Leicester City Football Club offers a competitive salary and pension scheme with life assurance to all its permanent employees. Employees are able to benefit from free onsite parking as well as an onsite staff restaurant.
Employees also benefit from up to 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays.
Contract Type – Permanent
Hours Per Week – 37.5
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identify or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply, the role will be shut down as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
How to Apply:
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending an application form , along with a covering letter, by email to email@example.com
To progress your application, candidates must also complete an Equality Monitoring Form; this will be treated in confidence to your application and will aid LCFC in our obligations and commitments to support diversity and inclusion.
A detailed job description can be found here.
Leicester City FC
King Power Stadium
Dec 31st 2020, 11:30
14th January 2021