An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Stockport County Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Head Groundsperson to plan, deliver and manage an effective pitch maintenance programme at Edgeley Park.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening, weekend, and match day hours based at Edgeley Park.
The successful candidate will be motivated, dedicated and flexible to the requirements of the position and the wider business. Applicants should ideally live local or the surrounding areas and be either UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
• Management of the day-to-day operations and tasks
• Prepare and work towards annual budgets
• Plan and manage efficient maintenance programmes
• Manage and deliver the required fertiliser programmes
• Experience using TLS, or similar, pitch lighting rigs
• Ensure that the relevant Health and Safety regulations are implemented and adhered to
• Conduct risk assessments prior to carrying out tasks
• Work closely with our Pitch Consultant for renovations and various maintenance programmes
• Manage and organise a small team of staff
• Use of pedestrian and ride on mowers
• Use of tractor along with tractor mounted machinery and trailers
• Use of pedestrian and tractor mounted fertiliser spreaders
• Use of tractor mounted sprayer
• Use of hand tools
• Manual handling of various materials weighing up to 20kg
• Maintain and carry out minor repairs on owned machinery
• Maintain Astro and sides of the pitch run off areas
• NVQ level 2 or above sports turf or equivalent
• Experience of managing a small team of grounds staff
• Experience of maintenance of football pitches to professional standard in a stadium environment
• Hold NPTC a PA1 & PA2 NPTC pesticide spraying certificate.
• An understanding of the FIFA laws of the game into the Field of Play.
• Experience working at a Football Club and working to the requirements set by the governing bodies i.e. The FA, EFL and PL
• Hold a full UK driving licence and ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
• Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
Safeguarding: Stockport County Football Club are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. Posts advertised on this website may require Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Equality and Diversity:
Employees must at all times carry out their duties with due regard to Stockport County Football Club policies and procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
• Thinks ahead, generates ideas, and thinks of creative solutions to problems
• Values and respects other, builds relationships and collaborate
• Gets things done, delivers to high standards and takes responsibility.
• Proactive and self-sufficient
Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: The role will be based on a 45-hour week which will include evening, weekend and Matchday hours
Closing date: Friday 26th Feb 2021 - 5:00pm
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to: Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Stockport County FC
Dependent On Qualifications And Experience
Jan 6th, 12:45
26th February 2021