Hours: Full time
Salary: £14,000 - £16,000 per annum
If you possess a positive and hardworking attitude and are keen to learn, this is an exciting opportunity to develop a career in groundskeeping.
This is a physical role in which you will support the Head Groundsman in the maintenance, conservation and enhancement of the grounds at Bradfield College, working collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team.
This will include maintaining and setting up all outdoor sports areas, assisting in the maintenance of ground’s maintenance vehicles and equipment and ensuring that the College estate is presented to a consistently high standard, including the maintenance of paths, drives, fences, hedges and woodland.
As part of the role you will be required to undergo a level 2 apprenticeship scheme, lasting 12-18 months.
The working hours are seasonal and based on a 40-hour week. Some weekend work will be required throughout the year along with flexibility in hours.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
• A positive and hardworking attitude with a willingness to learn, and adaptability to the diverse nature of the role
• Good communication skills
• Capability of meeting the physical challenges of the post
• Awareness of health and safety
• A full and valid driving licence
• The ability to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
• A ‘can do’ approach to ensure jobs are completed on time to a high standard
Knowledge of football and cricket would be an advantage but is not essential.
In return, Bradfield College can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
• Six extra concessions days to be taken at directed times of the year
• Access to Lifeworks EAP programme
• Free meal during the working day when College kitchens are open
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Subsidised membership of the College Sports Centre and Golf Club
• Cycle to work scheme
For further details about this exciting opportunity and
an application form please click here
All candidates are required to complete an application form.
Closing date: Thursday, 25 February 2021.
Bradfield College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening as part of their application, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
£14,000 - £16,000 Per Annum
Feb 11th, 12:30
25th February 2021