Who are we?
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history.
Proud founder members of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, 'Burnley Rovers' soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882. We moved to our Turf Moor home shortly afterwards, at the invitation of the town's cricket club, which is still uniquely situated next to the stadium.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League - and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
We are looking for a Mechanical and Ground Engineer to carry out day to day maintenance of turf machinery and general upkeep of the club’s training facility based in the grounds of Gawthorpe Hall.
Reporting to the Head Groundsperson, the Mechanical and Ground Engineer will be expected to:
• Liaise with Ground staff on a daily basis regarding machinery and scheduling of any maintenance work.
• Organising and logging the maintenance of machinery.
• Carry out alternative roles if/when required (e.g. pitch maintenance overseen by Ground staff).
• Monitoring stock levels and ordering resources for day to day maintenance.
• Although majority of work will be undertaken at Barnfield Training Centre, there will also be a requirement to be of service to any machinery issues at Turf Moor.
• To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
• To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Comply with all Club policies.
• Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
• To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
• A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
An ideal candidate will have;
• Full UK driving licence.
• 1 years experience performing service repairs.
• A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
• NVQ in Agricultural/Horticultural Engineering or similar would be desirable.
• Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures.
• Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be downloaded here or found on Burnley FC website. The full job description can be viewed here. Burnley FC no longer accept CV’s.
IF YOU REQUIRE THE APPLICATION FORM IN AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE HR MANAGER ON EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:
ADDRESS: BURNLEY FOOTBALL CLUB, TURF MOOR, HARRY POTTS WAY, BURNLEY, LANCASHIRE BB10 4BX.
TELEPHONE: 01282 446800
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Burnley Football Club
Barnfield Training Centre, Stockbridge Drive, Padi
£21,000 - £25,00 Per Annum
Mar 25th, 13:30
8th April 2021