BATTERSBY is a family concern which has been trading for over 180 years.
Supplying Sports Grounds from Gardens, Amateur Grassroots to Iconic International venues throughout England and the UK with high quality grass seeds amongst other products such as loam, fertilisers and treatments suitable for sports such as Cricket, Golf, Football and many more.
We believe our history really is in your roots and we aim to work closely with our customers ensuring long lasting relationships.
With a clear focus on innovation with traditional touch, our knowledge and the technology we now embrace is built on decades of industry experience and with our in-house specialists and exclusive manufacturer relationships, the whole process is tailored to provide you with the best possible customer service experience.
Do you have experience in the Sports Ground / Turf sector? Are you interested in a dynamic opportunity with a future focused company with strong roots amongst the Sports Amenity Community? Then this could be the role for you.
Battersby as a brand was established over 180 years ago, and more recently known for achieving a high reputation for knowledge, innovation, quality and customer service within the Sports Amenity Sector. We are extremely proud to boast a prestigious client list ranging from some of the most prominent sporting venues locally and regionally across the UK who benefit from our personal touch.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a dynamic and motivated forward-thinking individual with an understanding and demonstrable knowledge and experience of the amenity or sports-turf market to join and manage our growing future focused team.
The role is a multi-purpose role and is responsible for identifying and managing sales opportunities, building customer relationships and understanding current client business whilst managing our sales process to a successful conclusion. You will utilise your experience in managing a sales process and knowledge of the sector manage customers efficiently, whilst ensuring orders are fulfilled and our warehouse is managed correctly.
This role could suit an experienced greenkeeper or grounds person looking for a new challenge at a progressive and foward thinking, family focussed business.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will come from a ground keeping or sports turf management background and have the ability to be hands on, sell direct to the customer whilst building strong and lasting relationships. You must be well organised, have superb communication skills and be IT literate. You will have direct industry experience with amenity products as well as academic qualifications and be able to demonstrate excellent industry knowledge.
• Effective and experienced communicator
• Excellent customer relationship management
• Flexible, solution-focused approach
• Good level of computer literacy (MS Suite, Excel etc)
• Focused on Health and Safety in the workplace
What we are looking for:
• Confident, performance-driven professional
• Skilled and personable communicator, able to communicate at all levels of business
• Commercially aware individual, able to understand, anticipate and accommodate customer requirements, while balancing them with the business aims and objectives
• Ability to self-motivate and effectively organise own time and priorities whilst contributing to a close-knit team impacting directly upon the business.
There is also the opportunity for apprenticeships within our team for those just beginning their career in the sports amenity sector. Please contact us for more information regarding apprenticeships.
What do you need to be successful?
• Demonstrable and applicable knowledge of the Sports Turf Industry would be preferred
• Self-motivated with an ability to multi-task
• A flexible approach to work, work hours and duties with a can-do attitude
• Committed to facilitating a great customer experience
• Sports Turf qualification (preferred) or relevant experience
• Clean driving licence
Other Duties will include:
• Warehouse Operations including stock replenishment, picking packing and general warehouse duties.
• FLT Counter Balance and Reach Truck License (Preferred but not essential – training can be arranged)
• Delivering to customers (Trailer Licence preferred but not essential – training can be arranged).
• Monday to Friday with Saturday mornings during peak periods.
• Competitive salary with long term career opportunities.
• Annual leave including bank holidays, increasing with length of service.
• Professional Development and memberships.
• Company Discount.
• High quality uniform and PPE will be supplied.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Groundskeeping: 2 years (required)
• Forklift Truck Operators License (preferred but not essential)
• Personal protective equipment provided
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
How to Apply:
Send your CV to:
Battersby Sports Ground Supplies
£19,000.00-£23,000.00 Per Year
Apr 20th, 17:30
7th May 2021