Responsible for the preparation and running of the Emirates Stadium and wider facilities at other locations for all events and functions. Department remit includes property and facilities management, security, spectator safety at events, wider Health and Safety matters.
To work as part of a team in the maintenance and general upkeep of the Arsenal Youth Academy Hale End and Boreham Wood when required.
• Maintenance of the playing surfaces and amenity landscapes - hand and ride on cutting of the playing surfaces, strimming around trees, sprinklers, hand digging borders, spreading composts, incorporating into soil, leaf clearing, sweeping up hard standing areas, pruning shrubs, disposing of cuttings and debris, hand weeding sensitive areas around plants where chemical control is not permitted etc
• Tractor and trailer work when carrying out jobs
• Wide use of machinery in renovation of grass areas - use of turf cutters, edgers, scarification, seeding, stone buriers and seeders
• Grass cutting and strimming around ball stopping nets
• Pedestrian and ride on grass cutting on football pitches and surrounds
• Watering plants and other associated areas with hand-held equipment
• Assisting in the renovation of pitches using equipment associated with this process e.g. tractor and trailer work, sand spreading
• Marking out pitches
• Maintenance of 3G pitches
• Fertiliser applications
• Movement of Pitch Grow Lights
• Helping out with deliveries, manual handling of bags of sand, sand soil, fertilizer bags and seed bags ranging from 20-25kg.
• Cleaning equipment stores and associated washdown areas.
• Ad hoc duties as and when required.
Match/Event responsibilities and organisation
• Work within mid-week and weekend rota at Hale End
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
• To be qualified to NVQ level 2 or above in green keeping and groundsmanship or equivalent.
• Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 would also be an advantage
• Be experienced in being able to use a wide range of turf care equipment i.e. cylinder mowers, ride on mowers, scarification equipment, a wide range of renovation equipment, as well as hedge cutters, strimmers and all equipment associated with amenity landscapes.
• Previous experience in all aspects of grounds keeping, not only on playing surfaces but amenity landscapes as well
• Prior experience of carrying out other duties in relation to the general upkeep of a training facility
• To be able to work not only as part of a team, but also to show the capabilities to work using your own initiative, with the ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation especially when using equipment
• Mechanical knowledge would also be an advantage i.e. dealing with mower breakdowns and routine maintenance on equipment
• Have a good mechanical knowledge of equipment and be able to assist when necessary in jobs in and around the workshop that require being undertaken, jobs include helping blade changing fabrication and also routine maintenance of equipment.
• Be able to have a flexible attitude in carrying out other duties in relation to the general upkeep of the training facility.
• Working to a high standard in looking after sports turf and amenity landscapes.
• Be physically fit enough to deal with the manual and physical demands of the job such as the manual handling of deliveries such as bags of material of various weights
• Have a meticulous approach to work when attention to detail is essential along with good communication skills when dealing with members of staff along with coaching staff.
• Ability to use a wide range of turf care equipment i.e. cylinder mowers, triple mowers, scarification equipment plus a wide range of renovation equipment
• To be able to work not only as part of a team, but also to show the capabilities to work using your own initiative and providing a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation especially when using equipment
• Enjoy working to a high standard and have a flexible attitude, especially in terms of the unsocial hours that might be necessary.
• A passion or empathy with sport/sports entertainment
• Clean UK driving licence will be required due to different working locations
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Arsenal Football Club
Apr 21st, 16:10
5th May 2021