REPORTING TO: Deputy Head Groundsperson
LOCATION: Ibrox Stadium/Rangers Training Centre
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent, Full Time
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Groundstaff department of Rangers Football Club as Groundsperson. The purpose of this role is to assist the Deputy Head Groundsperson to provide and maintain high standards of groundsmanship at Ibrox Stadium and The Training Centre as deemed by the company and in line with requirements of top level professional football. You will maintain the playing surfaces and training facilities to the required standard for the purpose of professional football and all other events as directed.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Assist in the provision and development of all grounds services within the training ground and stadium environment and maintain company and professional standards.
• Assist the Head Groundsperson and Deputy Head Groundsperson to meet all key performance indicators within your personal objectives.
• Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and requirements within the company and your role.
• Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on a range of sports facilities and surfaces as detailed on work schedules and undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces.
• Set up all sports pitches or amenity surfaces and undertake supervised construction and landscaping work as directed.
• Drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations and ensure vehicles and equipment used by self and work group are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements.
• Monitor the use of consumable items and spares and make arrangements for their replenishment.
• Ensure the safe use, storage, calibration, and disposal of pesticides and other similar substances
• Promote the Health and Safety of self and others and respond to emergencies.
• Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy, and secure at all times.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues, and end users.
• Make recommendations to supervisor regarding improved work systems, labour, and machinery utilisation.
The successful candidate will ideally have completed an apprenticeship within Grounds/Greenkeeping and have gained the relevant skills and experience required for the role.
• Demonstrate proven success and experience working within a similar role.
• Possess a good working knowledge of Pitch Maintenance Machinery and Groundsmanship techniques.
• Good time management skills, attention to detail, with a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Ability to work well as part of a team and as an individual.
• Commitment, excellent communications skills and enthusiasm are also a must.
Working hours are 37.5 per week, working 5 days out of 7 on a rota. The successful candidate should have a flexible approach to working hours.
EQUALITY & INCLUSION:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Rangers Football club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
The candidate must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
If you can add value to our team please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 7TH MAY 2021.
Rangers Football Club
Ibrox Stadium/Rangers Training Centre
Apr 23rd, 18:30
7th May 2021