We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time, experienced grounds person to join our expanding gardens team at Mawley Hall, a privately owned estate near Cleobury Mortimer in South Shropshire.
The house, gardens and wider estate are undergoing major restoration and redevelopment with new garden areas being developed.
We are looking to recruit a skilled, knowledgeable, enthusiastic grounds person to work with the Head Gardener and gardens team to maintain and develop the gardens and grounds to the highest standards. The gardens currently consist of ornamental lawns, croquet lawn, shrub and herbaceous beds, woodland garden (under development), productive garden, nursery area and polytunnel. There are also plans for further ornamental gardens and the restoration of the walled gardens and glasshouses. The candidate will be focused on the care, maintenance and presentation of the ornamental lawns as well as supporting the gardens team in other tasks when required.
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of two years’ experience in grounds keeping or horticulture with an emphasis on turf care.
• Broad-ranging grounds keeping expertise and excellent knowledge of turf care with evidence of appropriate academic qualifications or experience.
• Minimum qualification to NVQ Level 2 or above in green keeping and groundsmanship or equivalent.
• A well organised individual with attention to detail and a keenness to provide the highest standards of presentation.
• The candidate will be a practical, hands-on person, able to work not only as part of a team but also to show the capability to work on your own initiative.
• Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation.
• Full and clean UK driving license.
• Experience of pedestrian and ride-on rotary and cylinder mowers, driving compact tractors and attachments and using a wide range of tools and equipment.
• PA1, PA2 & PA6 certificates desirable.
• Machinery maintenance knowledge.
The salary package will be competitive and commensurate with ability and experience.
Hours of Work
40 hours per week 8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri. Occasional weekend watering duties may be required with time off in lieu.
20 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position and for further information, please email your CV and cover letter to the Estate Secretary at: Mawley.Secretary@rokos.co.uk
Mawley Hall LLP
Friday April 30, 15:55
28th May 2021