Who are we?
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history.
Proud founder members of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, 'Burnley Rovers' soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882. We moved to our Turf Moor home shortly afterwards, at the invitation of the town's cricket club, which is still uniquely situated next to the stadium.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League - and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
We are looking for an Assistant Groundsperson to carry out day to day maintenance of all playing surfaces and surrounding areas of the club’s training facility based in the grounds of Gawthorpe Hall.
Reporting to the Head Groundsperson, the Asisstant Groundsperson will be expected to:
• Complete the day to day maintenance of all playing surfaces and surrounding areas.
• Ensure all surfaces and surrounding areas are kept to a high standard.
• Although the majority of work will be undertaken at Barnfield Training Centre, there will also be a require-ment to be of service at Turf Moor.
• To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
• To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Comply with all Club policies.
• Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
• Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
• To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
• A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
• Willingness to attend training courses including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
• Always demonstrate the Club’s values.
• Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
An ideal candidate will have;
• Level 2 NVQ in Sports Turf Operative or equivalent.
• 1 years’ experience performing service repairs.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a football club.
• Time management skills to be able to plan and regulate workload including the ability to prioritise demands and thrive under pressure.
• Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships.
• Willingness to have a full DBS check.
• Meticulous standards.
• A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
• A commitment to the aims, vision, and values of Burnley FC.
• Highly motivated, determined, and conscientious.
• Willingness and flexibility to work unsociable hours when required.
• Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support.
• An efficient approach to work.
• Flexible, helpful, and responsive.
• A positive attitude towards professional development and their own learning.
• Spraying qualifications including PA1, PA2 and PA6.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work match days as required.
How to Apply:
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form. Burnley FC no longer accept CV’s.
IF YOU REQUIRE THE APPLICATION FORM IN AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE HR MANAGER ON EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:
ADDRESS: BURNLEY FOOTBALL CLUB, TURF MOOR, HARRY POTTS WAY, BURNLEY, LANCASHIRE BB10 4BX.
TELEPHONE: 01282 446800
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Burnley Football Club
Tuesday June 08, 14:30
22nd June 2021