We are recruiting for people who are passionate about Grounds to join our Team based at the Training Ground in New Malden.
You will work as part of the Team to maintain and improve the Training Ground playing surfaces in line with the high standards required by the Head of Grounds and Squad Management.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure Club pitches are maintained to the highest standards with due care and attention
• Ensure all machines, tools, equipment, and Club properties are maintained appropriately
• Communicate with the Management Team so that they are kept informed of progress with routine work and are notified of major issues as soon as they are identified
• Consistent and regular communication with the Head of Grounds and to ensure all team members are informed of pitch works, job lists and communicate any issues to relevant parties
• Liaise with outside users/contractors (as required) and
• Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilised to minimise waste.
Day to day operational duties will include but are not limited to:
• Mowing, with ride on and hand operated machines
• White line marking to a high standard
• Driving tractors & utility vehicles
• Moving frost covers in the winter
• Chemical spraying; (If qualified)
• Hedge trimming and collection
• Weed picking
• Use of strimmers, blowers, and edgers
• Moving of goals and dugouts around the training ground
• Rolling and spiking of pitches and adjacent areas
• Irrigation duties including hand watering areas
• Checking/replacement of nets in line with H&S requirements; and
• Coupling up of trailers and other equipment to the back of tractors.
We are seeking candidates who are prepared to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as having the foresight and initiative to undertake work alone. Candidates will preferably have previous experience within a sports turf environment. Qualifications in sports turf or horticulture would be advantageous.
This is a full-time position which requires regular weekend work and some occasional evenings. You will be required to provide pitch allocations for the teams using the Training Ground, liaise with Squad Management and Academy for training and matches and provide general maintenance of the pitches and landscapes.
Fulham Football Club is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
If you are tenacious, resilient, and passionate about your profession and can add value to our Team, then please apply by filling in the application form and submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 20 July 2021.
Fulham Football Club
Jul 6th, 15:30
6th August 2021