Hours of work: 35 per week
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (Depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Training Ground
Responsible to: Head Groundsperson
The Senior Groundsperson is required to give support to the Grounds Manager and Head Groundsperson and is primarily based at the Training Ground (currently located at Harlington Sports Ground).
The Senior Groundsperson will be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of elite training pitches at Harlington and for liaison with the First Team squad on any issues that arise during training. The successful candidate will also be expected to assist or deputise for the Head Groundsperson at the Stadium from time to time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and prepare the playing surfaces to an excellent standard, ensuring that matches and training sessions can go ahead on schedule
• All duties relating to the creation, marking out, and setting up of playing surfaces.
• Any surrounding areas and general duties that arise at the Training Ground
• Ensure irrigation and drainage systems are maintained
• The safe operations of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance
• To carry out pre and post use inspections of equipment, reporting any issues or defects to the Grounds Manager
• Ensure all machinery is cleaned and safely stored after use
• Loading, transporting, and storing equipment and materials safely
• To have a flexible approach to working hours. Due to the requirements of the first-team, working hours may change on a regular basis and the successful candidate will need to be available to work on any day of the week within their hours of work
• When dealing with customers/clients/members of the public, to uphold high standards of customer care and promote the image of QPR FC
• Train, develop, and motivate staff to continuously develop their technical skills and user relations.
• Demonstrate consistently high communication skills with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
• Club uniform and PPE will be provided by the Club which must be worn on duty.
• Participate in the appraisal process
• Comply with all company policies/procedures. Adhere to all company regulations regarding policies, procedures, safeguarding, health, safety, and security.
• All other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of this position.
• Level 2 qualification in a relevant field of study – this could be an NVQ, SVQ, or Work Placed Diploma / or full time Level 2 qualification or another qualification such as the Level 2 GMA Technical Certificate in Turf Surface Maintenance.
• PA1/PA6/PA2 National Proficiency Test Council Cert in Pesticide Application.
• A minimum of 3 years related experience working outdoors in a similar role working on professional sports pitches
• A good understanding of undersoil heating and automatic irrigation systems.
• Valid full driving licence.
• NPTC Level 3 Certificate in Automatic Turf Irrigation Systems.
• Experience within Desso pitches
• A willingness to engage in Continual Professional Development on an annual basis.
• Competent level of numeracy and literacy with excellent communication skills
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please email your CV with “Senior Groundsperson” as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
The closing date for receipt of CV’s is Friday 23 July 2021
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including Disclosure and Barring Service and right to work checks.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Queens Park Rangers Football Club and QPR in the Community Trust are committed to Equality
Queens Park Rangers FC
£25,000 - £30,000 (Depending On Qualifications And Experience)
Jul 9th, 16:30
23rd July 2021