Hours of work: 35 per week
Salary: £33,000 - £41,000 (Depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium, Harlington Training Ground, Heston Sports Ground
Responsible to: Grounds Manager
The Head Groundsperson is required to give support to the Grounds Manager and cover both the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium and Training Ground requirements for the Club.
The Head Groundsperson is required to manage the day-to-day requirements of the Stadium pitch and surrounding environment to an excellent standard, and with the assistance of the Senior Groundsperson based at the Heston training ground, responsible also for the provision of excellent Elite training pitches and academy sports surfaces.
Working with the Grounds Manager to time manage and rota the necessary ground staff assistants across both sites to cover for holidays, sick leave and to fulfil the requirements of the necessary help for matchdays and events at the stadium.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of sports and amenity surfaces for QPR FC. Prepare, implement, and monitor weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance programmes to ensure the required standard of surface presentation.
• Work is assigned to the jobholder in terms of general objectives and priorities with guidance being sought on policy or areas of difficulty.
• Estimate resources required for work projects. Schedule and allocate activities to the work group. Maintain a budget overview of operational and capital expenditures to maximise cost efficiency.
• Be fully knowledgeable of the Health and Safety regulations in the area of responsibility. Possess a thorough understanding of legislation relating to chemicals and dangerous substances. Promote safe working practices at all times.
• Manage and check facilities, plant, buildings, and equipment to ensure safe working practices and Health and Safety legislation compliance.
• Provide effective materials and machinery management to ensure all equipment is correctly stored, maintained and serviced.
• Conduct basic risk assessment, develop contingency plans and be able to respond to emergencies. Actively promote safe practices of self and others. Respond to emergencies by using emergency equipment and calling assistance.
• Support the efficient use of resources. Gather and record information to develop trend data and analyse past usage. Make recommendations for improving the best use of resources and playing surfaces.
• Supervise staff to ensure standards of work are maintained and tasks completed.
• Train, develop, and motivate staff to continuously develop their technical skills and user relations.
• Demonstrate consistently high communication skills with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
• Club uniform and PPE will be provided by the Club which must be worn on duty.
• Participate in the appraisal process
• Comply with all company policies/procedures. Adhere to all company regulations regarding policies, procedures, safeguarding, health, safety, and security.
• All other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of this position.
• Level 3 qualification in a relevant field of study – this could be an NVQ, SVQ, or Work Placed Diploma / or full time Level 3 qualification or another qualification such as the Level 3 GMA Technical Diploma in Turf Surface Maintenance.
• PA1/PA6/PA2 National Proficiency Test Council Cert in Pesticide Application.
• A minimum of 5 years related experience working outdoors in a similar role working on professional sports pitches, and experience managing a Desso or similar standard pitch
• A good understanding of undersoil heating and automatic irrigation systems.
• Fundamental personnel management and communication skills training with proven supervisory experience.
• Thorough understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
• Competent level of numeracy and literacy with experience of using computer programs for recording data and writing reports.
• Valid full driving licence.
• NPTC Level 3 Certificate in Automatic Turf Irrigation Systems.
• A willingness to engage in Continual Professional Development on an annual basis.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please email your CV with “Head Groundsperson” as the subject to: email@example.com with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
The closing date for receipt of CV’s is Friday 23 July 2021
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including Disclosure and Barring Service and right to work checks.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Queens Park Rangers Football Club and QPR in the Community Trust are committed to Equality
Queens Park Rangers FC
£33,000 - £41,000 (Depending On Qualifications And Experience)
Jul 9th, 16:30
23rd July 2021