Hours of work: 35 per week
Salary: £19,500 - £23,500 (Depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Training Ground
Responsible to: Grounds Supervisor
The Assistant Groundsperson is required to give support to the Grounds Supervisor and is primarily based at the Academy Training Ground (Heston).
The Assistant Groundsperson will be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of academy training pitches at Harlington and for liaison with the academy management on any issues that arise during training. The successful candidate will also be expected to assist or deputise for the Grounds Supervisor from time to time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and prepare the playing surfaces to an excellent standard, ensuring that matches and training sessions can go ahead on schedule
• All duties relating to the creation, marking out, and setting up of playing surfaces.
• Undertaking general maintenance tasks in relation to planted landscaped areas of trees and shrubs, ensuring the cleanliness of the car park
• The safe operations of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance
• To carry out pre and post use inspections of equipment, reporting any issues or defects to the Grounds Supervisor
• Ensure all machinery is cleaned and safely stored after use
• Loading, transporting, and storing equipment and materials safely
• To have a flexible approach to working hours. Due to the requirements of the academy, working hours may change on a regular basis and the successful candidate will need to be available to work on any day of the week within their hours of work
• When dealing with customers/clients/members of the public, to uphold high standards of customer care and promote the image of QPR FC
• Demonstrate consistently high communication skills with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
• Club uniform and PPE will be provided by the Club which must be worn on duty.
• Participate in the appraisal process
• Comply with all company policies/procedures. Adhere to all company regulations regarding policies, procedures, safeguarding, health, safety, and security.
• All other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of this position.
• Experience working outdoors in a similar role working on professional sports pitches, though working in amenity horticulture such as landscaping, gardening etc would also be an advantage
• An ability to work effectively in a team and independently
• Valid full driving licence.
• Level 1 qualification in a relevant field of study – this could be an NVQ, SVQ, or Work Placed Diploma / or full time Level 1 qualification or another qualification such as the Level 2 GMA Technical Certificate in Turf Surface Maintenance.
• PA1/PA6/PA2 National Proficiency Test council in Pesticide Application
• A willingness to engage in Continual Professional Development on an annual basis.
• Competent level of numeracy and literacy with excellent communication skills
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please email your CV with “Assistant Groundsperson” as the subject to: email@example.com with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
The closing date for receipt of CV’s is Friday 23 July 2021
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including Disclosure and Barring Service and right to work checks.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Queens Park Rangers Football Club and QPR in the Community Trust are committed to Equality
Queens Park Rangers FC
£19,500 - £23,500 (Depending On Qualifications And Experience)
Jul 9th, 16:30
23rd July 2021