An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Stockport County Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Groundsperson to deliver and maintain the pitch maintenance programme across the club’s sites.
The role will be based on a 45-hour week which will include evening and weekend work and Match days.
The successful candidate will be motivated, dedicated, and flexible to the requirements of the position and the wider business. Applicants should be either UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
Reporting to the clubs Head Groundsman the role will be based predominantly at the clubs Edgeley Park stadium, whilst also assisting with the upkeep of the training facility. You will be part of a team responsible for the upkeep and development of the stadium and training pitches. Regular hand mowing, fertilising, line marking, and match preparation will be the main tasks required.
• Ensure that all pitches meet the high standards required by Stockport County Football Club.
• Use pedestrian mowers on football pitches daily
• Assist in the renovation of pitches
• Mark out and fertilise pitches.
• Use of frost covers
• Use of aeration equipment
• Knowledge of irrigation
• Clean equipment and wash down areas.
• Monitor pitches daily, record all appropriate information and act promptly to resolve issues including devoting, clean up and reinstatement work after match days and team training.
• Take reasonable care concerning health and safety
• Ensure equipment and materials are available when required.
• Keep all equipment and materials in good condition.
• Undertake any other duties designated by your Line Manager to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the business.
• Responsibility for Matchday prep work at the stadium
• Demonstrate the highest levels of commitment and compliance to safeguarding.
Skills & Experience Required:
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
• Experience within a similar role with 2 years experience.
• Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 desirable but not essential.
• Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment including tractor and 3 point linkage attachments.
• Experience with pitch lighting equipment.
• Head Groundsperson and Grounds Staff colleagues
• Operations Director/Stadium Manager
• First Team Coaching Personnel
Process to Apply:
Please send your CV, cover letter outlining your suitability to the role to: email@example.com
Due to the nature of the roll, an immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Safeguarding: Stockport County Football Club are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. Posts advertised on this website may require Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions, including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Stockport County FC
Stockport, Greater Manchester
Dependent On Experience
Jul 21st, 12:20
4th August 2021