Games and a full sporting curriculum form an integral part of school life at Forest. The playing fields and sports facilities, over two sites, cater to multiple sporting activities throughout the year.
We are looking for a committed, experienced, and passionate full-time Grounds Manager with excellent knowledge of machinery and sports pitch maintenance. This role will play a crucial part in ensuring that the quality of our grounds and school pitches are at the highest standard. This is a fulltime role which will involve working on a Saturday.
This role reports to the Estates Manager and School accommodation may be offered as part of this role.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the care and maintenance of all the sports pitches including liaising with Director of Sport to ensure that the surfaces are available to meet the requirements of the fixtures programme. These include all-weather tennis and sports pitches.
• Management of all staff employed in the Grounds Department. This includes effective allocation of tasks and training to staff and annual appraisals and recruitment to the team.
• Accountable for the preparation and maintenance of cricket squares throughout the season.
• Oversee the maintenance and management of all pitches using mowers and machinery (tractor mounted and pedestrian) – regular mowing, scarification, aeration, and fertilisation.
• Ensure that all materials and equipment are procured effectively for the department.
• Erection, maintenance, dismantling and storage of all sports equipment, including goals and nets as requested by staff.
• Ensure the sports facilities let out during school holidays are set up accordingly.
• Tendering and management of any additional contractors undertaking grounds services.
• Maintaining and repairing all ground’s machinery, including regular cleaning to ensure and maintain their good working order.
• Welcoming and directing schools visiting Forest to play fixtures across the site (including weekends).
• Management of pitch allocation for games & activities in conjunction with the Director of Sport.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Term Time: 08:00am -17:00pm. Working five days a week Monday – Saturday. Saturday will be a normal working day.
Holidays: Entiled to 30 days annual leave which must be taking during Forest School Holidays.
PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE
Jul 22nd, 16:00
9th August 2021