Shepherds Bush Cricket Club (SBCC) is seeking Head Grounds Person for our home ground in East Acton, London
Role: Head Ground Person
Hours: Seasonal (summer full-time, winter part-time)
Start Date: January 2021
About the Club
Established since 1882, SBCC remains one of London’s leading clubs within the Middlesex Premier League.
Our thriving playing membership boasts more than 70 adults and 200 juniors, while we have a growing base of social and community members. We have 4 highly competitive men’s teams, junior sides across all ages and plan to introduce a women’s side in 2022 and our season run from April to September.
In recent years teams across the club have achieved incredible success on the field; including multiple promotions, strong cup performances and impressive league finishes, but also off the field as we’ve sought to play a more central role in the community.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity now exists for a Head Grounds Person to join our team and lead on the preparation and maintenance of playing surfaces, practice facilities and surrounds.
As a club, we are incredibly proud of our ground and regularly receive positive feedback from visiting teams on the standard of our playing surface. The ground is self-contained with one square comprising 14 wickets, 3 grass practice wickets and 3 artificial nets. During the season the ground is used throughout the week and weekend for adult matches, junior matches, training sessions and external bookings. In the winter months, the club has some mini soccer on the outfield.
As Head Grounds Person you will report to the Executive Chairman and Cricket Chairman and will be responsible for the preparation of playing surfaces to ECB & MCCL Premier League standard.
• You will also be responsible for the outfield and surrounds, general ground maintenance and the end of season renovations
• You will oversee machinery maintenance and other duties as directed
• Managing the maintenance and advising on improvements to cricket equipment (sight screens, covers etc)
• The successful candidate will have experience as a cricket grounds person and will have good knowledge of cricket surface preparation.
• Candidates should be very well organised, have good communication skills and be flexible regarding working hours which will include weekends and bank holidays as required.
• Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
• Experience in the use of a range of grounds machinery and garden tools
• Excellent time keeping with the ability to prioritise your work
• A reasonable level of physical fitness
• To hold Pa1/Pa6/ or NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf qualification as well as pitch preparation qualifications
Ideally working on a self-employed basis, the role involves working on seasonal terms with full-time work during the summer months and part-time during the winter.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a covering note to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shepherds Bush Cricket Club
Aug 3rd, 15:05
30th September 2021