Location: Nottingham Racecourse
Hours: 40 hours per week, working any 5 days from 7 by arrangement with your manager. Working race days as required
The Jockey Club are seeking to recruit a talented and knowledgeable individual into the role of Head Grounds Person at Nottingham Racecourse.
Nottingham is an important and well supported Flat Turf course, frequented by leading Owners, Trainers and Jockeys throughout the Turf season. The successful candidate will lead a small and dedicated team to ensure the continued delivery of a quality racing surface as well as first class presentation of the surrounding grounds. In addition, this role will manage the grounds team to ensure tasks are carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, and will oversee the development and training of this team.
The successful candidate will:
• hold a GMA Level 2 Course qualification or equivalent
• have previous experience in a turf management role including; mowing, irrigation, course repair and nutrition.
• have team leadership experience, ideally within a grounds/turf maintenance role
• be responsible for the teams’ training and development needs
• be up to date on the latest Health & Safety legislation and be able to manage all aspects of H&S including risk assessments
• be able to manage a budget, and contribute to budget setting
• ensure timely machinery maintenance and appropriate machinery replacement
• ensure the wider racecourse estate is maintained to a high standard, including stable areas and saddling boxes
•be a self-motivated, independent thinker with a strong team ethic
• be willing to travel to other venues within the East Region, to assist as required.
It is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving licence. This role will also involve working some evenings and weekends.
In return we will offer you:
• a very competitive salary for the right candidate
• 25 days annual leave
• 6% contributory company pension scheme
• KPI bonus scheme
• Use of a company vehicle for work purposes
• Health cash back scheme
• a supportive and professional working environment
• an annual salary review
• a substantial ticket allowance so you and family/friends can enjoy days out at our racecourses
The Jockey Club’s Racecourses are among the most iconic venues in UK sport. We play host to hundreds of thousands of racing fans every year at some of horseracing’s most prestigious events – The Cazoo Derby at Epsom Downs, the Guineas at Newmarket, the Coral Eclipse at Sandown and the Betfair Chase at Haydock Park. We crown champions at the Randox Grand National at Aintree Racecourse and The Festival at Cheltenham and we wow audiences with our fantastic events and music nights, where the likes of Little Mix, Olly Murs and Tom Jones have entertained the crowds.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role, would we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to us by 19th August 2021 – email@example.com
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We believe that an inclusive, collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all employees.
Aug 4th, 14:50
19th August 2021