A unique opportunity to work as a groundsperson / estate worker in helping manage a small private estate located between Newbury, Basingstoke and Reading.
The estate has been recently acquired with significant investment now being made. A cricket pitch has recently been professionally installed for use in the 2022 season, a vineyard will be planted in May 2022 and there are plans to improve the wider landholding including the river and ancient woodland.
There is a clear desire to deliver sustainable practices and increase the biodiversity of the site. The role is broad working across the estate working alongside the existing gardeners and a part-time ground worker. No two days will be same so this role will be varied and give you the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities.
Previous experience in at least one of; cricket ground maintenance, river management, viticulture, or estate work would be ideal. However, full training would be provided in those areas that the candidate has limited or no experience.
This role would suit a hard-working individual who has relevant experience, but is willing to learn a variety of new skills and be part of this exciting project to redevelop the estate and maintain it thereafter.
• Maintenance of cricket pitch and preparation of wickets for matches
• Assist external consultants in maintenance of vineyard
• Forestry work and management
• River management
• Maintaining security of the grounds
• Pest control
• Mowing lawns
• Operation and good working knowledge of garden machinery and tractor
• Farm maintenance work such as fencing and outbuilding repairs
• Clean record, DBS disclosure check will be undertaken.
• Full Clean Driving License.
• Fluent in English
How to Apply:
Send your CV and covering letter to:
Between Newbury & Basingstoke
Dependent On Skills/experience
Sep 1st, 12:25
30th September 2021