Barnsley Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and are looking for an Assistant Groundsperson to join our team.
They would be experienced in looking after professional and academy pitches and keeping them to a high standard; there is also an indoor and outdoor 3G all weather pitch which would need preparing and maintaining on a regular basis, the individuals must have pride in their work and enjoy working to a high standard.
Roles and responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
• To be able to work alone or part of a team
• To deliver high quality maintenance at the stadium and the training ground to the highest standards.
• Duties include mowing with pedestrian and ride on machines, marking out pitches, fertilising, repairing divots, weeding, maintaining banking areas, irrigation, overseeding, spraying, snow clearing, working with tractor implements and any other grounds maintenance tasks that are required.
• Be able to achieve a high standard in every aspect of the role.
• Working with our maintenance team at times.
• Working with risk/COSSH assessments
• To observe grounds maintenance and liaise with myself or the deputy head with any issues noticed.
• Qualified to at least a NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent.
• Working towards an NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent would be advantageous.
• Experience in working on Fibre Sand professional sports pitches again not essential but would be beneficial.
• PA1, 2a and 6 Spraying certificates.
• Excellent communication skills.
A minimum of 37.5 hours per week plus some weekend and all match days.
Salary dependant on experience.
How to Apply:
Please send covering letter and CV to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 17th September 2021
Barnsley Football Club ensure that the best possible staff are recruited based on their merits, abilities and suitability for the position. We ensure that the Club meets its commitment to safeguarding by promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups. The DBS decides whether it is suitable for a person to be placed on or removed from a barred list.
Barnsley Football Club ensure that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently. We ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex, or sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, disability or age.
Right to work in UK
Barnsley Football Club ensure that applicants are entitled to work in the UK without approvals and have the appropriate documentation to validate this
Barnsley Football Club
Dependant On Experience
Sep 3rd, 12:00
17th September 2021