Wellington College is one of the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools and has an enviable reputation for excellence and innovation, located in rural Berkshire in a stunning 400 acre campus. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Groundsperson to join our Estates Department.
You will join on a full time, permanent basis and in return we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a free lunch whilst on duty, subsidised membership to the Wellington Health & Fitness Club, contribution to Wellington’s personal pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, cycle to work scheme, free parking and access to a health cash plan.
About the role:
In this role, you will be assisting with the preparation and maintenance of sports playing surfaces to a high standard including cricket, athletics, tennis, rounders, rugby, football, hockey and lacrosse, as well as general estate duties as directed by the Senior Groundsperson. The successful candidate will have previous groundsmanship experience. Experience of driving a tractor and machinery used to prepare and maintain sport turf and a full and valid UK driving licence.
Key responsibilities include:
• Cricket pitch preparation and maintenance; mowing, scarifying, rolling, marking and autumn renovation and ensuring pitches are protected from inclement weather.
• All sports surface preparation including grass, hardstanding and artificial turf.
• Winter sports pitch preparation and maintenance to include sand dressed artificial sports surfaces.
• Mowing, aeration, scarifying and fertilising; tractor mounted and pedestrian machinery.
• Line marking; Initial setting out and mark and weekly over marking.
• Leaf clearing, litter picking and debris clearance.
• Strimming and pedestrian rotary mowing.
• Goal post erection/dismantling, maintenance and storage.
• Snow clearing and salt spreading.
• Roping off and preparing for events.
So, if you are committed to contributing towards the College community, think you’ve got what it takes to perform exceptionally in this role and would like to join our team, please apply now.
For further details, including how to apply, please Please click here
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants for any of the positions available at the College must be willing to undergo a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, reference checks with previous employers and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks.
Sep 7th, 13:00
21st September 2021