Aquatrols is seeking to hire a Portfolio Development Manager (PDM) to oversee multi-year strategic projects for professional amenity turf and greenhouse markets. The PDM will work cross functionally (with marketing, supply chain, finance, sales, regulatory, R&D and leadership) to coordinate development activities for an assigned product portfolio. Duties may include, product stewardship, supply planning, demand forecasting, registrations, launch planning, life cycle and innovation management. We are looking for an innovative, team oriented strategic thinker, who understands the needs and technologies of the turfgrass industry. Reports directly to the Global Director of Research & Portfolio Development and supports the European Sales Manager’s life cycle management and innovation activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead product development activities of the European business from concept to launch
2. Life Cycle Management: manage and set priorities, product positioning, formulation and packaging, timelines and action items.
3. Identify new opportunities for growth and work closely with the segment team to seek out opportunities to strengthen portfolio as well as assist with evaluation of development projects and new product additions.
4. Manage the innovation process for your areas of responsibility. Once new product concepts are identified, work closely with the Director of Research to ensure timely completion of development activities as needed to meet business needs and launch expectations. Deliver all critical materials to communications for product launch.
5. Work closely with the regulatory team to monitor and support registration activities as needed to meet launch timelines.
6. Develop and define pricing and positioning for the portfolio.
7. Manage accruals for region
8. Establish and manage accruals and work with the Finance Department to align budget expectations of net sales and profitability by product.
9. Work with Marketing/Communications Managers and 3rd Party vendors to develop communication plans that effectively communicate brand positioning and competitive advantages.
10. Manage interface between Marketing and Sales for products in assigned portfolio; requires participation in Sales Team meetings and training, collaborating in support relationships with distribution customers, and supporting Sales activities. Also, work closely with the Sales team to gather market intelligence, identify opportunities, and determine the need for competitive response activities.
11. Develop monthly forecasting projections in conjunction with sales input.
12. Assist with Supply Chain management for inventory management.
This position requires a self-starter and action–oriented individual who works well in a team environment. To perform this job successfully, the individual must perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge and skills required.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a degree from an accredited institution in Marketing or Agronomic related field, with 3-4 years of experience in sales, marketing, and/or management/research in turf or agriculture industry. This person should demonstrate an understanding of key product development processes that may include but is not limited to, elements of production and supply chain, product and portfolio programs, plant health, pest management in agriculture or turfgrass and the UK/EU regulatory landscapes.
This person has demonstrated skills to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. This position requires the ability to write reports and business correspondence. This person should possess strong communication skills to effectively present information and ideas and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, customers, and suppliers, and must have good interpersonal and negotiating skills to build an effective working relationship with supply partners and departments within the organization.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
Financial and analytical skills including development of income statements, NPV and breakeven analysis. Further, the PDM role requires the ability to conduct independent analysis of various quantitative data sources, apply market intelligence, and make substantiated proposals to Leadership.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires normal, everyday use of standard office equipment. There may be long periods of sitting.
This person must hold a valid driver’s licence and be insurable by the Company. Travel with this position is 25-30%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associates encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The general environment is general office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Package details include
Mobile phone and laptop provided
Enrolment into Company Pension scheme
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter by 17th December 2021 to: email@example.com
Aquatrols Europe Ltd
Nov 10th, 15:30
17th December 2021