Contract type: Permanent
Interview date: 23 May 2022 - 24 May 2022
Division: Community Services
Grade: D - E
Working hours: 37 per week
Closing date: 17 May 2022
Category: Community and streets
About the role
We currently looking for two committed, flexible grounds people to assist with maintaining our sportsgrounds throughout the town.
Delivering front-line services across the borough and ensuring high quality turf maintenance of our sportsgrounds in the most efficient and customer focused way. This is an exciting opportunity to join our sportsgrounds team of six, during a time when we are looking to develop both our summer and winter sports programmes.
You will be responsible for general maintenance of the parks and playing fields, maintaining fine turf sports surfaces, cricket squares, bowling greens, pitch and putt, croquet lawn and winter pitches for football and rugby across the town. Where required, you will also support other teams in the Patches with duties associated within Neighbourhood Services.
To be successful you will have:
• Achieved NVQ Level 2 or equivalent ability
• NPTC PA1, 2 and 6 chemical application
• Considerable fine turf maintenance knowledge, including knowledge of the customer requirements for a wide range of outdoor sports, such as cricket, bowls, and winter sports pitches
• Experience of use of related tools and machinery
• Experience of working in small teams to deliver high quality maintenance work
• Good knowledge of workplace Health and Safety
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and able to plan your own work if necessary
• A good knowledge of IT systems, specifically Microsoft packages
• You will be expected to help deliver improvements to the service using innovative and creative solutions where a flexible approach is essential.
The hours of work will be 37 hours per week, to be worked Monday to Friday. Working hours will be agreed with the Sports Grounds Manager, you will be starting at 7am and finishing no later than 3pm Monday to Thursday and finish at 2.30pm on Friday. Some extra hours may be required during the week, weekends and over bank holidays.
Applicants will need to be able to deal with the requirements of the role and must hold a valid and current UK driving licence which would allow you to also tow. The ability to drive tractors and attachments is not essential but is desirable.
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
How to apply
Click here to complete your application online. Please ensure that the reference details you supply are for your current or most recent employer and that any gaps in employment are covered on your application form. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Patch Leader or call on 07583 975719.
Crawley Borough Council
Metcalf Way, Crawley
£22,588.00 - £25,130.00 Per Annum
May 6th, 08:45
17th May 2022