Queen Ethelburga's Collegiate Grounds Team is responsible for the maintenance and development of a variety of surfaces for our Sports Village.
This includes but is not limited to football, cricket, rugby and hockey for both natural and synthetic surfaces.
The Grounds Team prepare surfaces for:
• Daily school events and lessons
• National and international level of sporting events
• Premiership football teams
• Premiership rugby union teams
• Super League rugby teams
• England F.A.
With an investment of 20 million pounds into the Sport Village infrastructure and a further £300,000 on machinery alone we are looking for the right person to join our team to produce the highest quality of surfaces.
Responsibilities and experience:
• Maintenance of natural and synthetic sports surfaces
• Experience of use with a variety of sports turf machinery
• Marking out and lining of surfaces
• General machinery maintenance
• Involved with the development of surfaces and the department as a whole
• General housekeeping duties
• Basic data logging
• Supporting fellow staff members and reporting to the Grounds Manger
Successful candidate will be trusted with an opportunity to take ownership of the surfaces they maintain. A committed attitude to the post with a desire to learn and progress are the attributes we value highly.
• NVQ level 2, equivalent or higher that is relevant to the maintenance of sports surfaces.
• Spraying certificates PA1, PA2, and PA6 preferred
Applicants without formal qualifications but with a proven track record of experience will be considered. Further training and qualifications will be provided.
Please note that Queen Ethelburga’s Collegiate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As a result, because you will come into contact with its pupils on a regular basis, you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you think you have what it takes to join our fantastic company, please send your CV to email@example.com or call the HR department on 01423 333512.
Queen Ethelburga's College
Jun 22nd, 12:00
6th July 2022