Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Groundsperson, to start as soon as possible.
The Groundsperson will assist the Head Groundsperson to deliver first class results. They will assist in the production, preparation, maintenance, supervision, and day to day coordination of playing surfaces, sports, other recreational facilities to the highest quality standards. Experience of working in a school or college environment is desirable.
• Help maintain all grounds activities to consistently achieve the recognised standards and availability. Ensure end users have the best possible customer experience on intensively used surfaces
• Assist with preparation, implementation and scheduled maintenance programmes in conjunction with the Head Grounds person to ensure the required standard of surface presentation
• Marking out and maintenance of all surfaces: grass, hard playing surfaces
• All routine operations to maintain healthy turf grass, using specialist turf care equipment
• Maintenance and installation of sports pitch equipment: goal posts, tennis nets, cricket nets and other equipment as necessary
• Provide front line services in adverse weather conditions.
• Assist the other Grounds teams in the wider college estate as required
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment, always ensuring pupil safety at all times.
• Follow the College’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Willing to undertake weekend and evening work when the needs of the college dictates.
• Assist with car parking and other ad hoc duties to support College operations, as required.
• This role will involve daily contact with pupils and you will be engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
• All staff and volunteers have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
Hours of work
Hours are seasonal and based on a 40 hour week. Some weekend work will be required throughout the year to facilitate Fixtures and College events along with flexibility in hours. The successful applicant may need to be flexible with start and finish times. There is the possibility of early starts during severe weather or late finishes due to College fixtures or events.
To apply for this role, please visit our Careers Portal
£21,000 - £23,000
Jul 26th, 15:35
12th August 2022