Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Groundsperson (specialising in cricket), to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for a forward thinking and dynamic individual to join our established grounds team. Reporting to the Head Groundsperson, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
• To deliver high quality grounds maintenance services at all sites to the highest standard, in line with policies, legislative, environmental, and certifying authorities' compliance and best practice.
• To liaise with the appropriate Heads of Sport to ensure surfaces and pitches are prepared and inspected for all Brighton College fixtures and games sessions.
• Ensure end users get the best possible experience on extensively used surfaces.
• Cope with a busy routine, to fully utilise the limited windows of pitch availability for grounds work.
• Supervise a team of three to ensure the day-to-day preparation and maintenance of sports pitches and grounds.
• To monitor the results of the grounds maintenance service and suggest and deliver improvements.
• To promote safe working practices within the grounds team.
• Ensuring all Health and Safety requirements for each task is in line with Health and Safety legislation, best practice, and Brighton College Health and Safety policies.
• To ensure that all projects you are involved with are managed to the highest standards, working where required with sub-contractors and that the quality of site provision meets the needs of employees and customers.
• To provide front line grounds services in adverse weather conditions, including ice/snow clearance from pathways around the sites.
• To deputise for the Head Groundsperson in their absence.
Hours of work: The hours are seasonal and based on a 40-hour week. Some weekend work will be required throughout the year to facilitate fixtures and College events along with flexibility in hours.
• NVQ 2 or equivalent in sportsturf or a related field
• Full and clean driving licence, as we are a multi-site facility
• Experience in using a variety of grounds maintenance machinery and equipment
• Up-to- date knowledge of Health & Safety
• A good communicator
• Some management level experience and proven leadership and communication skills
• At least 3 years practical multisport grounds management experience, in particular cricket preparation
• Spraying Certificates
• Chainsaw Certificate
• Health and Safety Qualification
• IT Skills
• Experience of working in a School or College environment
Candidates should submit an online application by midday on 24 November 2022.
To apply for this position please submit an online application through our application portal:
£26,000 - £28,000, Depending On Experience
Nov 4th, 11:53
24th November 2022